Friday, April 10, 2020

My First WWF Hasbro Pull

Well, hell. For as long as I've been a fan of anything, regardless of the source material, collecting memorabilia on it has always been integral to my enjoyment. The same is true for pro wrestling, something (for as wild and wacky as it is) I'm VERY passionate about. Always have been. That said, I haven't had the chance to collect MANY wrestling figures.

The last I remember having were the modern-ish Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart figures (mostly to rectify the Wrestlemania 9 injustice). I decided now was the time to fix that, so I've decided to dabble in the famous and beloved Hasbro figures.

Browsing eBay, I happened upon a lot that was currently being bid on. Not really understanding the average price for these things, I just threw a bid in and saw what happened. I knew they were sought after, and so I somewhat reluctantly let my bid steadily reach up to $50. Truth be told I expected the bid to come down to the wire, and more dedicated and perhaps affluent collectors to start dropping big bucks.

Much to my surprise the clock ticked down and I ended up winning the bid! Here's a nice photo for ya:


Sure, I didn't land a Hogan or an Undertaker, but I'm happy with what I have. The roster is as follows: "Macho King" Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Doink the Clown, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Texas Tornado Kerry Von Erich, and the Honky Tonk Man.

I ended up with replicas of Ultimate Warrior and Macho King, both of which I gave to my brother, for whom I care the world. These may not fetch pretty pennies alone but I figure (aha, ha.) that it was still a good way to get my foot in the door with these neat things. 

Now I'm not crazy or wealthy so I doubt I'll ever go after those ungodly mail-away figures of Hogan, Bret Hart and The Undertaker. As much as I like them, and as lucky as I feel, these bad boys are PRICY. So from here on out, collecting them will be a slow, occasional process.

I'll keep you updated!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment